PLUM TARTS WITH HONEY AND BLACK PEPPER
Consider this a two-ingredient tart. Besides the plums and pastry,
we bet you have everything else on hand.
- 1 large sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1lb of red plums, apricots or peaches, pitted, cut into ½” wedges
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of Haughton Honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Cut the pastry into six 4” squares, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Top with the plums, leaving a ½” border all around. Sprinkle with sugar and then season with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Bake the tarts, rotating the pan halfway through, until edges of the pastry are puffed and golden brown (25–30 minutes). Drizzle with Haughton Honey and sprinkle with a little salt just before serving.