SWEET & SOUR PANEER CHEESE
This marinated and fried paneer is great served with your favourite chutneys as an appetiser.
- 225g/8oz of paneer cheese, cut in to large squares
- 3 of teaspoons grated fresh root ginger
- 3 of teaspoons grated garlic
- 2 of teaspoons red chilli
- 2 of teaspoons Haughton Honey
- 3 of teaspoons light soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 2 of teaspoons tomato ketchup
- 1 of teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons of spice mixture (panch phoron: fenugreek seed, nigella seed, cumin seed, black mustard seed and fennel seed)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons of rapeseed oil
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are; .
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- Place the paneer in a shallow non-reactive dish with all the ingredients except the oil and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Once hot add the marinated paneer and cook well on all sides – about 5-6 minutes – over a medium heat. Make sure you stir it properly so that you don’t burn the paneer.
- Serve at once.