STIR-FRIED BROCCOLI WITH ASIAN SEASONING
This tasty dish takes under ten minutes to make from scratch, it’s healthy, delicious and
a great starter or side dish.
- 1 tablespoon of wok/stir-fry oil
- 1 long red chilli, halved, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g tender broccoli, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon of Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon of Haughton Honey
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Notes for the cook
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz
- Heat a wok over a high heat and then add the oil. As soon as the oil is smoking, add the chilli, garlic and ginger to the wok. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds and then add the broccoli. Fry for a couple of minutes, moving and tossing around in the pan to cook evenly.
- Add the soy sauce, rice wine or sherry and honey. Continue to stir-fry for a further minute or so until the broccoli is just becoming tender and is coated with the oriental seasoning.
- Serve straight away scattered with sesame seeds, if using.