SMOKEY BBQ BAKED BEANS
This is a fabulous side dish for steak, ribs or any BBQ meats and is just so so easy to make.
You can also grate Cheddar cheese over the beens before roasting them in a preheated oven if you like.
- 2 x 400g tins of mixed beans
- 350g passata
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp HP sauce, or any good brown BBQish sauce
- 1 tbsp Haughton Honey
- 1 heaped tsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40g Cheddar cheese
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/gas 9 if adding the cheddar cheese.
- Drain and rinse the beans and put them into a medium, oven-proof frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Fry the beans until they start to pop and crisp up a little.
- Stir the remaining ingredients (except the cheese) into the beans pan and gently bring to the boil whilst stirring all the time.
- Grate the cheddar cheese over the top and then place the pan in to the oven until golden and sizzling. Enjoy!