ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH HONEY & CINNAMON
Sweet potatoes have a really creamy texture and a slightly sweet flavour that makes them ideal as a base for savoury dishes. They don't have to take a long time to prepare either.
Try this dish as a side dish for a main course or heap a large tablespoon of Greek yoghurt on top and have it for lunch. If you want to give the dish a bit of a kick then add half a teaspoon of red chilli flakes before cooking.
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling after cooking
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a roasting tray. Drizzle with the oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in the oven or until tender and just starting to caramelise.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and transfer them to a serving dish. Drizzle with more extra-virgin olive oil and serve them whilst hot.