PAT’S HONEY CITRUS CURD
Thanks to Patricia for this lovely curd recipe. People who try this curd tend to do a double take; the floral aroma of the honey enriches the citrus to give a taste that borders on the sublime.
It tastes wonderful spread on toast in the morning, lasts for ages in the fridge and takes no time to make. The recipe makes TWO jars so you'll need two clean, warm jars with lids ready.
- 340g jar of Haughton Honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, lime or orange
- Juice of 1 extra lemon, lime or orange
- 45g of clarified butter
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- Put all of the ingredients in to a small pan
- Whisk gently on a low heat until thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon
- Pour the curd in to the clean, warm jars. Seal them (using a grease-proof disk if you prefer) and set them aside to cool