MURDEROUSLY DELICIOUS AND STICKY ZOMBIE BONES
Use your fingers to eat these......if you dare!
*Creepy Voice* oyster sauce is available from most supermarkets
- 6 tbsp Haughton Honey
- 3 heaped tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 4 whole star anise
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) meaty pork ribs
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- To make the marinade, spoon the honey and oyster sauce into a roasting tin or baking dish. Add the chilli flakes, star anise and salt. Grind the peppercorns and add them to the marinade.
- Toss the ribs in the marinade and tuck the garlic cloves whole between the ribs, then set aside for at least 2 hours. It wouldn’t hurt if they stay there overnight.
- Roast the ribs at 160C/325F/Gas 3 for 90 minutes, turning them in their sauce from time to time.
- Then turn the heat up to 200C for 15 minutes, Keep an eye on them, as sometimes they burn easily. They are ready when the meat is tender, though far from falling off the bone, and the ribs are sticky and almost charred.