HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN – YOU’LL NEVER LOOK AT CHICKEN NUGGETS IN THE SAME WAY AGAIN
On the menu today is tasty creole honey garlic chicken.
These nuggets are so full of flavour you will never look at chicken nuggets in the same way again.
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of cornflour
- 1 tbsp of creole seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
- For The Honey Garlic Sauce: 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of Haughton Honey
- 1/4 cup of Kikkoman soy sauce
- 5 garlic gloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp white rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Hot basmati/long grain rice to serve
- Chopped spring onions to garnish
Notes for the cook
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- Rinse the chicken breasts, pat them dry and cut in to 2″ chunks. Place the chicken in a bowl, coat with the spices (not the cornflour) and then set aside.
- Add about 3 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet over a medium heat.
- Coat the chicken in the cornflour – putting them together in a plastic bag and shaking is an easy method – disgarding any excess cornflour and fry the chicken pieces in batches for about 3 minutes on each side. Drain the chicken on kitchen paper as you finish the frying process.
- To prepare the honey garlic sauce mix all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Add all of the chicken back to the pan and pour the sauce over bringing the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over hot basmati or long grain rice garnished with the chopped spring onions.