HAUGHTON HONEY’S HOME-MADE BREAKFAST GRANOLA
Haughton Honey's own awesome, luxury granola is a breakfast food and snack food, popular around the world, which consists of rolled oats, nuts and honey that's usually baked until crisp.
Besides being eaten for breakfast or as a snack, granola is often eaten by those who are hiking, camping or backpacking because it's lightweight, high in calories and easy to store, making it similar to 'trail mix'. It's also often eaten in combination with yoghurt, drizzled with runny honey or mixed with fresh fruit - such as bananas, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries - and, of course, milk.
This recipe makes 15 servings.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 125ml maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Haughton Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g rolled oats
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 100g flaked almonds
- 75g coconut flakes
- 50g dried cranberries (optional)
- 50g dried blueberries (optional)
- 50g pecan nuts (optional)
- 50g dried banana flakes (optional)
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Tip in all of the remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit and coconut, and mix well.
- Spread the granola onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 15 mins, then mix in the coconut and dried fruit, and bake for 10-15 minutes or slightly more depending upon how crunchy you like it. Remove and scrape onto a flat tray to cool. Serve with cold milk or yogurt. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.