...or is that Coronation Chicken? Huzzahh!
Whichever it is this recipe is a firm summertime favourite here at HHHQ and is so very easy to make too. Serve it with jewelled rice and a crisp, green salad.
- 650g of cooked chicken (preferably poached in chicken stock)
- 2 medium sized avocados, peeled and de-stoned
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of smooth mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon of tikka masala or another medium strength curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of Haughton Honey
- 10fl oz/275mls of mild mayonnaise
- 3 or 4 large tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- A handful of chopped almonds (optional)
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz.
- Cut the chicken and avocado in to similar bite-sized pieces and gently mix with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- In a larger bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, chutney, honey, curry paste, yoghurt and ginger until smooth.
- Fold the chicken and avocado in to the coronation dressing and chill until needed. The dish will keep for two days if refrigerated.