BAKED RICOTTA WITH HONEY, ORANGE & ALMONDS
This baked ricotta is a beautiful light pudding to complete any dinner, but it also makes a great brunch. For a gluten-free version, substitute almond meal for the flour.
- 40g unsalted butter, softened
- 55g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Haughton Honey
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 380g firm ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 85g toasted almonds, coarsley chopped
- FOR THE ORANGE SYRUP: Juice and grated rind of 1/2 an orange
- 80g Haughton Honey
Notes for the cook
If you have a fan-assisted oven then reduce the specified temperature in the recipe by about 15%.
1 teaspoon = 5ml
1 tablespoon = 15ml.
Some ingredients are measured in cups and some equivalents are;
150g, 6oz (1/2 cup) = 120ml, 4fl oz
- Preheat your oven to 240C. Beat the butter, sugar and honey in an electric mixer until smooth, then stir in the flour, ricotta and eggs. Transfer to a buttered 23cm-diameter cake tin, smooth the top and then bake until golden and puffed (12-16 minutes).
- Meanwhile, for the orange syrup, combine the ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring to dissolve the honey, then spoon over the baked ricotta before scattering with the chopped, toasted almonds.